Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Few of my Favorite Things: Part 1
















1. Hound's Tooth Jacket

This isn't one of my greatest memories, but it is a memory nonetheless. Right before I left Pencey, my roommate, Stradlater, went out on a date with one of my old friends, Jane Gallagher. He asked if he could borrow this jacket. I gave him a hard time about stretching out the shoulders, but let him borrow it anyway. I've always been fairly fond of this jacket, but everything means more to you when there's a story to go behind it.








2. Red Hunting Cap

This is the red hunting cap I bought in New York City, before I left Pencey. I was the manager of the Pencey fencing team and we went up there for a very impotant meet. I bought the hat and then we had to go on the subway to get to the meet. I was holding the foils and all while trying to find out when we had to get off. I left the foils in the subway. The entire team was furious. Anyway, I also love this hat because I had given it to Phoebe when I went home in the middle of the night. I picked her out of a crowd when I net her at the museum also. This hat just gives me such nostalgia of those little moments in time.















3. Baseball Mitt
Everytime I think of a baseball mitt, I can't help but think of my little brother Allie. You see, Allie got leukemia and died when he was only thirteen. He loved to play baseball. I specifically chose this picture because Allie was left-handed. The only thing missing from this picture is Allie's unique touches to his glove. He had written many poems in green ink like graffiti on his mitt. I once wrote an English composition about the glove for Stradlater, my old roommate at Pencey, just because I was bored and he knew I was real good in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment