Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Favorite Websites

1. Google- www.google.com

I love Google because you can type anything in that box and millions of links will appear right before your eyes. You can learn anything imaginable on the internet and it amazes me that one website can contain all of those other websites in its memory. I personally love to learn new things and experiences. If I can go to one website and access a new knowledge, I would, and I do. Google gives me more information and knowledge than any school I've ever gone to.

2. Youtube- www.youtube.com

You can see so many things through Youtube that you might not be able to see otherwise. Although there are many things I would love to do eventually, I know I will not be able to get to all of them throughout my life. Even though I've experienced much more than most seventeen year-olds like me, my life is still missing some adventures. With this website, all I have to do is type in what I would want to do and videos pop up and show me what will happen. Some of these are funny, too. Also, I love to learn about people, so some of the people in the videos give me a look into what they do for fun and through this I get to see what kind of people they are.

3. CNN- www.cnn.com

CNN shows me everything that is going on in the world. For now, I'm trapped in New York City; which is ironic because it is full of interesting things and people. I can see how other people are in other cities, states, and even countries. Their major news stories are listed there for me to access so I can be connected with them. Also, there are many stories that are not shown on television because they don't feel many people will be interested. Well, those are the most intriguing to me mainly because the stories are tend to be funny and entertaining. With all the serious things happening in our world today, we need to hear news like that to lighten and ease our minds.

4. Facebook- www.facebook.com

This is definately one of the greatest websites out there. I've met so many people in my life and this gives me a way to keep in touch with them, besides just phone calls. I have friends from Pencey, Whooton, and all the other schools I've attended (and gotten kicked out of). Also, I'm friends with Sally Hayes and Jane Gallagher. Facebook has kept me connected with people I've really gotten to know or want to know better.

5. Tetris- www.freetetris.org

For some reason, I think this game is the best game ever created. There aren't many things I could do for hours. Tetris is one exception because it is a game of skill and logic. Although it appears to be boring and pointless, I have a high score so it's more fun for me to try and beat my highest score. Call me what you like, I will still love Tetris. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment